NextM - The Next Normal
Terms and conditions
This notice outlines how and why GroupM (“GroupM”) collects and uses personal data collected from your registration to the event NextM (“NextM”). It also explains your rights as someone who may provide personal data to GroupM through NextM and how to exercise these rights.
If you are an individual residing in the EEA or Switzerland you should be aware that our DPO can contacted at DPO@GroupM.com.
Collection and Use of Contact Information.
- Providing you service information about NextM;
- For the virtual version of NextM, the information such as job title and name may be shown to other participants during the event; and
- The contact details may be used in a hashed form to create audiences in Facebook and/or LinkedIn.
Examples where you might voluntarily provide your name and contact details include:
- Responding to requests: GroupM keeps a record of information, including email address and other contact information, solely for responding to a user’s request. For example:
- If you click on the “contact us” link and submit a question or comment, we will collect your name, e-mail address, and phone number to send you a reply.
- If you voluntarily ask to be added to our newsletter list, we will collect your e-mail address to send you our email newsletter and other interesting initiatives from our agencies.
Legal basis for the processing of Contact Information
GroupM is a data controller responsible for your personal data (as this term or similar term is defined by applicable law) when you visit our Website or provide us with contact information.
The Purpose for the Processing
The purpose of the processing is as follows;
In order to provide you with accurate and relevant information regarding NextM, we will send you emails and/or text messages.
Also, we want to keep NextM highly professional and a platform to mingle, and therefore we might share your name and title with the other participants.
In order for us to spread the knowledge about NextM we might build audiences on Facebook and LinkedIn by hashed contact information.
You always have the right to request insight into your information and correct it, as well as the right to limit or object to the processing, and the right to data portability.
You have the right to file a complaint with your National Data Protection Authority.
You have the right to withdraw you consent at any time. This will not affect the processing we have done before the withdrawal of your consent.
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records. However, we may retain information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
To exercise any of your rights herein, you can contact us using the contact information provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.